Engagement is about interaction, listening, and learning in relationship to another person. Engagement is not a strategy, it is care. The goal improved health requires the engagement of patient, providers, technology partners, friends and family, and everyone involved in an individual’s well-being.
The Patient’s Bill of Rights, Consumer Bill of Rights and Responsibilities adopted by the US Advisory Commission on Consumer Protection and Quality in the Health Care Industry in 1998, was created to try to reach 3 major goals:
1. To help patients feel more confident in the US health care system; the Bill of Rights:
• Assures that the health care system is fair and it works to meet patients’ needs
• Gives patients a way to address any problems they may have
• Encourages patients to take an active role in staying or getting healthy
2. To stress the importance of a strong relationship between patients and their health care providers
3. To stress the key role patients play in staying healthy
Please Visit and Join the WeHeal Patient Engagement Community
Clinical trials: WeHeal Guide to Researching Clinical Trials
Patient Resources and Related Organizations: Harvard School of Public Health
News and Media: News-Medical.net
Search Clinical Trials
WeHeal is very grateful to our valued sources of information which include Wikipedia, WebMD, ClinicalTrials.gov, Cancer.gov, Infoplease, and the US CDC (Center for Disease Control).